There’s some debate about when it’s too early to start decorating for the year-end holidays, but research shows that people who decorate sooner tend to be happier. The physical act of decorating can actually boost dopamine levels and having the colorful lights and decor up can also increase feelings of positivity. Oreo wants their fans to get in on all that happiness by decking the halls early this year … like before Thanksgiving early.
The cookie brand is encouraging folks to get those festive decorations up now with a new Holiday Oreo Allowance, or HOA. “Why restrict the merriment by waiting until after Thanksgiving to decorate,” asks Vishnu Nair, Senior Brand Manager at Oreo. And to help people get into the holiday spirit sooner, they’re giving out prizes to some lucky people who do.
- For a chance to be one of 100 participants to win a $1,000 “allowance,” decorate your home then take photos.
- Follow Oreo on Twitter/X or Instagram and share a photo of your decorations with the hashtags #HolidayOREOAllowance and #OREOSweepstakes in the caption of the post.
- Winners will be chosen at random to get the HOA “Welcome Kit,” which includes the $1,000, Oreo cookies and a sign for the yard to show you’re a proud member of the Oreo HOA.
- The contest is open now and it runs through November 17th.
- Get all the details at the contest website.