The Lancaster Festival Board of Directors announced that Lady A and Rick Springfield will be this year’s signature acts appearing on the Wendel Concert Stage at the Ohio University Lancaster Campus. Tickets are now on sale for these and other events taking place during the 10-day celebration of music, art and community.
Other Festival highlights this year will include:
• July 21st, the Opening Night Concert will return to the historic St. Mary of the Assumption Catholic Church featuring the Lancaster Festival Orchestra with the St. Mary Chorus performing “Bravo Beethoven”.
• Art Walk, which is hosted in partnership with Destination Downtown Lancaster (DDL), will be held on Friday, July 22.
• July 25, Jazz takes center stage at the Monday Night Jazz Concert with the incomparable Byron Stripling and Friends. Stripling earned his stripes as lead trumpeter for the likes of Dizzy Gillespie. Woody Herman, Dave Brubeck and others. By popular demand, this year’s concert will once again take place outside at the Wendel Concert Stage.
• The family concert, “A Musical Zoo,” will take place on Thursday, July 28th. The show will highlight animals of all kinds in music and Disney selections!
• New this year is a community brunch scheduled for Downtown Lancaster the morning of July 30, featuring the Lancaster Community Band and the Nostalgics.
A full schedule of events will be released in the coming months and more information will be released as it becomes available at www.lancasterfestival.org.